The facts and my musings about my life as a mother with mental health problems. How we all cope as a family. Parenting my child through depression and anxiety. Candid, sometimes bleak, sometimes hopeful, but always honest. One post won't tell you my story- follow me to get to know my life.
Sunday, 17 June 2012
I have depression- the kind that will be with me for the rest of my life. That doesn't mean I'm always depressed. It means that I'm sometime well for months or even up to a couple years at a time. But a crash is always around the corner- I'll never truly be rid of depression from my life.
I also have social phobia disorder, AKA social anxiety. This is a commonly misunderstood problem, and I will try to explain more about that in my blog.
And, just for good measure, I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder. In simple terms, this means I carry a higher than normal level of anxiety with me in everyday life.
I have a husband and a gorgeous two year old daughter. And, right now, I'm working hard to recover from a bout of depression. Life's pretty tough right now.
Why did I want to start this blog? Well, there are a few reasons. One is to help me work through this bout of depression, because it's the darkest place I've been in for a long time. I haven't felt this bad for years, and I want to get some of how I'm feeling, "OUT". And maybe to deconstruct it a bit, and try and figure out what's made things so bad this time, and how I can fix it.
Also, I want to share. Because for some months now I've been searching for help, answers, someone to relate to, and I haven't found what I've needed. Maybe in sharing my story I will? And maybe I can help someone else?
So, that's enough of an introduction for now I think. I'll be back to share more soon
- Swapping a punch in the face for a pat on the back...
- Depression and anxiety. A two-headed beast Mamamia...
- Gripping onto positvity with all my power
- Feeling flat as a pancake- why, why, why?
- Wow- this could be life changing.
- Funny Confession Ecard: Silence is Golden, except ...
- My 2 year old knows how to express her rights to h...
- Dyed my hair crazy colours- had a visit from a soc...
- Baby Squared with Jane Roper
- Wow! People are reading my posts?
- I have a little energy this morning- just a little...
- Hi- I'm a little scared about doing this....
- ▼ June (12)
- Hi! I'm Maya and I'm here to blog about my life as a mother with mental health problems. I'm getting a lot out of reading the blogs of others and their experiences, so I'm giving sharing my own a go. I'm pretty approachable, so if you want to talk to me or ask me a question, go ahead :-)