Sunday 17 June 2012

Hi- I'm a little scared about doing this....

But I want to create a blog about my life, and my family, and how it's affected daily by my mental illness.

I have depression- the kind that will be with me for the rest of my life. That doesn't mean I'm always depressed. It means that I'm sometime well for months or even up to a couple years at a time. But a crash is always around the corner- I'll never truly be rid of depression from my life.

I also have social phobia disorder, AKA social anxiety. This is a commonly misunderstood problem, and I will try to explain more about that in my blog.

And, just for good measure, I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder. In simple terms, this means I carry a higher than normal level of anxiety with me in everyday life.

I have a husband and a gorgeous two year old daughter. And, right now, I'm working hard to recover from a bout of depression. Life's pretty tough right now.

Why did I want to start this blog? Well, there are a few reasons. One is to help me work through this bout of depression, because it's the darkest place I've been in for a long time. I haven't felt this bad for years, and I want to get some of how I'm feeling, "OUT". And maybe to deconstruct it a bit, and try and figure out what's made things so bad this time, and how I can fix it.

Also, I want to share. Because for some months now I've been searching for help, answers, someone to relate to, and I haven't found what I've needed. Maybe in sharing my story I will? And maybe I can help someone else?

So, that's enough of an introduction for now I think. I'll be back to share more soon

<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment